Clarke & Lewis UTB CL-75 H HYDRAULICALLY POWERED ROTARY TUBE BENDER
Clarke & Lewis UTB CL-75 H Hydraulic Tube Bender
The CL-75 Hydraulically Powered Rotary Draw Bender has capacity to bend up to 1″ diameter ferrous and 1.25” diameter non-ferrous tubing at a rate of 10 bends per minute.
The machine features hydraulic bend arm operation and manual clamping of clamp and pressure (follower) dies. The CL-75H can be supplied for either CW or CCW operation.
-Various features are available including:
- Carriage with 8 distance between bend stops, 8 plane of bend stops and a master collet chuck. The carriage is manually operated to each stop. Stops are preset to provide tube configuration as required.
- Mandrel extractor and support, hydraulically operated for advance and retract of mandrel in the bending cycle.
- Wiper die support bracket for providing adjustments necessary to align and maintain wiper die position.
- Degree of bend stop, 8 total, under nose of bender, each individually adjustable and manually selectable from the control console.
- Mandrel draw compound injector system injects draw compound through a hollow mandrel rod and through the mandrel to lubricate the inside of the tube during bending.
- Mandrel stop system (not required when carriage is furnished) provides 6 stops located against mandrel rod to provide settings for distance between bends (DBB).
- Digital bend control system can be provided. A control console is provided either free standing or attached to the machine bed, with all controls for base machine operation, plus any options furnished.
Close View of Head
The machine shown above has two degree of bend (DBB) stops under the nose for set-ting two different degrees of bend, selectable from the operators control console. The visible chain drive is to an encoder under the main bend arm which registers positional data into the main drive system.
An adjustable slow down control provides means of slowing bend arm rotation .during the last few degrees of bending to provide a smooth cushioned stop. The oil reservoir is in the box section on the top of the machine and is epoxy lined and sealed.
Machine is shown with bend die, clamp die and pressure die mounted. The bend die mounts on a single bend post, adapters are available for Type 1 dies (2 hole mounting). The pressure die mounts on hangers providing height adjustment and the clamp die mounts in a box holder.